Friday, January 14, 2011

Ankles Swollen After Drinking Alcohol

25 ways to improve his writing in 30 minutes

Today I received a copy of February's Writer's Digest magazine. In reading, I came across a really good article: 25 Ways to improve his writing in 30 minutes a day . I share with you the first authored by David Morrell.
WARNING! I warn you. What follows is a loose translation, so ... as I'm not a translator by trade, I went to the best of my English skills. (Incidentally, I google translation been useful)

"A piece Writing is a living thing. Our goal as a writer is to be of service to this and do that it wants to be his instrument. The stream of words flowing from your head to the paper (or screen) is mainly hampered by two obstacles - when we force the story to do something she does not want, or when some of us is not ready to discuss the implications of the work on the theme and emotions.

One way to avoid such deadlocks is to develop a relationship with your text as if it were a real person. At the beginning of each writing session, especially when you can no longer forward, literally have your work: "What do you want? Where do you want me to go with you? Why do you pick? "It's a psychological trick that almost always creates an imagined response, like" This scene is boring. Why do you want me to do that? "Or" This section is full of artificial stuff. Why do not you want to be more true about you? "The device takes only minutes, not thirty, and over the years, he managed to save me writing many passages that could have been useless or dishonest. " - David Morrel

And you, what are your tricks to unlock your writing? I throw the invitation to share them with others so that everyone benefits.
Thank you in advance!
Annie xxx ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment