Monday, December 6, 2010

Mastarbation Statistics

Virtual Interview with Mr. ALAIN BERGERON - Part 1


This month, we are honored to host virtual interview Mr. Alain Bergeron , youth prolific author, renamed, Finalist Prize winners Communication-Jeunesse (2002, 2003, 2004), finalist for Governor General's Award (2005), winner of Mr. Christie (2003). Youth, but also the great, his love of books ...

We thank him for agreeing to play the game of the interview on virtual Roman starts. True to himself, Alain has responded with great generosity and great humor!

I invite you warmly to read his words about his relationship with writing.


Alain's relationship with writing

Roman Starts: When manifested in your life your desire to write and when did you start writing?

Alain : The trigger time of my life to write was when I had my boy (1989). I wanted to leave something of myself. Not one to build treehouses (dangerous for him ... and for me to make), I told myself that I could try to write stories, always loved reading. I won awards with these stories, which turned into books. There. Simply. For cons, I had dabbled in writing a previous life when I played music (we all make mistakes in our journey) and I did the story of a group of young musicians eager to become the next Beatles ... (25 years later, I used this pattern to write the book "The Storm" in Soulières Publisher, 2004).

Roman starts : Is that writing is a need for you? If yes, why?

Alain : is a question which I did not even stop during the last twenty years ... I just realized that yes, I love to write. But what I love above all is to create a story: think about it, take notes, do research, find jokes, plot twists, giving birth to characters, universes, etc.. That's really my cup of tea. The writing is what helps make it all on paper.

Roman starts : Do you write full time? Or in parallel with another job?

Alain : I started writing in 1989. Meanwhile, I had a job as a journalist. So to change my mind on my work, at home in the evening or on weekends, I wrote ... I did both until autumn 2005. I then decided to leave my job 'safe' as a journalist to devote myself entirely to writing youth. I never, never, never (you did I say?) Regretted my choice. It'sa tremendous privilege to earn a living doing what you love above all. I appreciate it every day!

Roman starts : What is your writing routine? (Write-up in the morning, afternoon, evening or at night? How many hours per day? What you surround yourself to write? Pictures? Plant? From doggies? From your cats? Enter you at home or in cafes, in parks or in the heart of nature? Do you have a space just for you and if so, what does it look like? Etc.)

Alain : I write mostly in the morning. I'm an early riser (not need much sleep, a definite advantage). Once my daughter (I had a daughter in 1998) for the school part, I can devote myself to my book projects (establishment or writing). Except, I'm not the type to start writing at 8 pm 30 and spinning nonstop until noon. There are pauses (re-breakfast, I have two dogs who constantly harass me to go outside, telephone, email checking, etc..). Physically, too, have the shoulders and back on fire if I stay too long in the same position. So I move a lot. I even leave home to go to post things or to walk the dogs (a good time to think). As I am my own boss, well ... (but a very demanding boss, sometimes a little too!)

My afternoon and my evenings are devoted especially to the correction of manuscripts ( mine) and trials to try to meet the most urgent emails (one late chronic), to prepare for future events ...

I work in the basement in my office. On my walls, I have some original drawings by artists whom I am associated (Marie-Claude Demers, Fil and Julie, Fabrice Boulanger, Stephane Poulin Sampar).

However, when I write the first version of my story, I'm not in front of the computer, but rather on the ground floor, in a rocking chair ( big comfort, whatever), before the big kitchen window overlooking the mountains with us. I always write my first version at home, in a notebook (yes, I am very high-tech).

Roman starts : What part in creating a story do you prefer? Gestation, the first draft, character development, rewriting, etc.. ? Why?

Alain : (see answer # 2). I like to create the entire context leading up to the story. Having been a journalist for over twenty years has helped me greatly in structuring my stories quickly, and my characters their world.

I can not say it excites me terribly to have to see the computer what I wrote on the paper (it finished, ever before). That's really work. However, once all the text written to the computer, then I found the pleasure to be corrected and the corrected again. Until the literary editor corrected my manuscript back to me ... So here, friends ...

Roman starts : If you had to use a metaphor to describe the type of writer you are, what would it be?

Alain : A box of surprises ... You never know what will come out, but we know that something will emerge from all this ...

Roman starts : How would you describe your relationship with writing?

Alain : There are worse job in life! ;-)

I try not to let doubt settle. Sometimes I step back on what I do and I have vertigo. What? Earning a living by writing? It's possible, right? For how much longer? My rational side while trying to win. I have to silence him and live the present moment, keeping in mind the consequences on the future. What I write today will bring me sub in a year or two ... because it does not live by love and fresh water. It is an immense pleasure, but it also remains a responsibility and a job. I do not have the luxury to watch me grow fingernails until an idea ...

That's the first part of the interview. Subsequently, in a future post.

Thanks for being there and read us.
soon,
Annie xxx ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment