Since the end of NaNoWriMo, I went through a slowdown in my writing. During the first weeks of December, there was something weird that I felt in my eyes it looked like the fact that hopping is a muscle involuntarily. Yet there is no muscle there, at least not to my knowledge. I have concluded that the pace of writing NaNoWriMo had perhaps been a little too intense for my personal capacity. I had the "third eye" which throbbed!
Then I lifted the foot on the pedal. My inner critic, too far and too controlling, it is a field day: he took the whole place! So during the past two months, I have laid a new one, which I have finally ended yesterday. The first jet, of course.
I finally found a way to counter the presence of my inner critic: keep a log writer.
is what I do, since about ten days, being moved by the visceral need to find me. I noted all that made me feel bad vis-à-vis my writing: my fears, my doubts, my lack of confidence ... But also and above all, my interviews with my characters in my novel, my thoughts, my ideas ... This journal helps me to release to back passionate writer than I am. It became my daily companion. As soon as I hear the voice of my inner critic to speak in my head, I write in my journal soon, and presto!, She left! I'm up to Annie, the writer.
This really worked, because this week, I feel renewed in my creativity. I even finished my new!
Another factor that helped me find my creative impulse, and it blog Mary Carroll Moore.
Recently, she put on her blog a video explaining the structure of a story in three acts with what she calls the "W storyboard." This approach is very revealing because it shows the writer's faults (which is not always at first glance) appear in its narrative structure. I watched the video at least three times, if not more, to be sure I understood everything that Mary told them. Then ...
During the weekend, I bought three large boxes at Staples, and once at home, I created my own "W Storyboard. Today I split my new in several scenes. There are 17 in all. In doing so, I discovered that some parts did not stand. I also found passages. The structure of my news is not yet ready. ... It squeaks The next step is to find among the five most intense scenes to put the five points of W on my board.
There. I left, my passion has returned. I triple-bottom! Yahoo!
I'll let you know for the future.
Thanks for being there and read me.
Annie xxx ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment