That's it! I have written so far 50 673 words. I managed my NaNoWriMo! It only remains for me to write that last chapter and my story will be complete. At least its skeleton, its foundations: the canvas, as if well expressed blogger in his post.
On the lunch hour today, Peter, my life partner (24 years) called me. He wanted to know whether or not I had reached my 50 000 words. I reassured him that yes. I was rather remote, these days, absorbed. This is normal, is writing a novel is immersed in a world other than his own. Peter was eager to meet me, I think ...
In December, I cool my first draft. Then in January, I started the rewrites. I look forward ... Dive deeper into my characters, their lives, their motivation, paradox, install the atmosphere, the decor, they described the scents, reactions to fragrance, find a symbolism, a repeating unit (if applicable), polish dialogue, action scenes, descriptions, make sure that the dramatic tension is present in all my scenes, the structure is held ...
Writing a first draft is just the tip of the iceberg of your story, everything else can be discovered during many rewrites that will follow.
A first draft is in its nature an imperfect script, you have to say and repeat. And most agree that this step is inherent in the process of literary creation. Knowing this, you can then watch your first draft other than with the eyes of your inner critic. It is quite normal for a first draft is rotten! Yes! However, the term "rotten" does not mean just good to throw in the trash. "Rotten" means being aware of his imperfection, but also related treasures. Sub hide this framework inevitably leads to pursue. beads, thrown there on the page, for your unconscious, that are ready to be picked. Or, if you want, in ways that beg to be explored. So, dive, push you in these unknown depths, dare to go further, at the risk of losing you. It really is never lost, anyway. Your intuition and your sensitivity guide you as a writer, do not forget.
Rewriting is an art.
Thanks for being there and read me.
soon,
Annie xxx ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment